TIPS TO KEEP YOUR CHILD SAFE
Keeping your children safe and away from danger is every parent’s number one priority. We have compiled a list of tips to ensure the safety of your child at all times.
- Ensure domestic staffs at home e.g. House helps, Cooks are properly examined and scrutinized from time to time. Continually study your drivers, cooks and house helps. Most kidnappings involving children have been arranged by domestic staffs so do make sure they’re referenced properly by a reputable guarantor before employment.
- Always ensure that adequate security measures are put in place for your children in collaboration with their schools during drop-off and pick-up times. Parents should endeavor to always scrutinize their ward’s school run and report any unusual activity to the school or appropriate authority.
- Parents and Guardians should consistently educate their drivers to be more wary of security agents on routine checks and ensure they are not being tailed to and from school, church as well as other areas.
- When picking up your ward from any location, avoiding routines and rush hours have over time proved to be most helpful as it has foiled hijack attempts and consequently proven to be a successful life saver. Constantly changing these times thus make one less of a kidnap bait.
- Make certain to discipline your kids/wards never to talk to strangers or open doors for unknown persons. Ensure to guide them against collecting gifts from strangers as these could serve as traps for kidnappers.
- Endeavour to always monitor your children’s growth along with their behavioural changes. Teach them the art of engaging their school pals and peers such as knowing their family background before familiarization. Your kids should choose their friends and not the other way round.
- Never leave your children in the car unattended to. Always oversee and act as a watchdog for them whether at church, Movies, Market. Kids left alone and neglected could gallivant into atrocious hands.
- Parents should make certain to establish a good relationship with their ward’s tutors. Engage teachers to also keep a regular eye on your ward and give you feedback concerning your child’s growth and affairs.